Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quiet heart

Today is a day, like most other days, the difference lies only in the sweet smell of the summer flowers wafting in the wind. The butterflies and bees are busy, and I watch them go on their predestined path. I wondered how it would be, today, if things were different? If he was still here.....

I had heard that there is more dialog in Canada, regarding Tissue and Organ Donation, and was heartened by the blog I added to the blog roll. The man who write these posts has added many sites that are useful, and sites that he has researched well. I thank him for that. Each person can make a difference in this life, no matter how small or large, it can mean the difference between life and death, between hope and despair.

This blog began as a way for me to keep my promises to my husband, to continue to speak of what can be done for others, to ask why. Yet as I look at the myriads of hopeful stories, the successes of the transplant recipients, the progress in medicine, it makes my heart hopeful. These stories are uplifting, they renew my faith in humanity. Each story, a miracle in itself, restores the faith that was lost to me for a very long time. I am aware that there will be no answers forthcoming, I know that I will never understand why my husband was taken, young and vibrant, full of love and compassion, before he had lived his life fully. But then again, who has not spoken those words after the loss of a loved one? I suppose the knowledge that he lives on in my heart is a small but precious reminder that he was on this earth.

I know that his story has been read, by many people, in many different parts of the world. Yes, it was a painful experience, but it was a neccessary journey for me. To have spared myself would have been so wrong, and to have embelished or omitted the truth would have been inconceivable. I see the butterflies and bees, they are a part of the little miracles in life. I believe in miracles.     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

something funny

Stat counter

stats

Pages